Here are a few tips to help reduce oily skin
- Drink plenty of water at least 8-10 glasses per day.
- Avoid smoking.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- You can rub oily areas with apple cider vinegar for a neutralizing effect.
- Use of hot water more often as it is a great solvent.
- To avoid oily skin apply fresh smashed tomatoes on your face.
- The first step to having an oil-free skin is to clean your face with gentle face wash to remove excess oil and dirt. Wipe your face with an astringent lotion as it is a fat and grease solvent. The astringent should have acetone and should also be alcohol free. Later apply a watery moisturizer to keep your skin smooth. Remove excess moisturizer by dabbing ir with a tissue or cotton ball.
- Blend 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup mashed apple into a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, rinse your face.
- Applying mud packs or clay masks to your face which helps to draw the oil from your skin. You will have to repeat this procedure approximately once a week.
- Egg Mask: Blend 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon camphor spirit, 1 tablespoon skim milk powder and a drop of mint essential oil. Before applying the mask, apply odorless castor oil. Apply the mask, keep it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water and then rinse with apple cider vinegar and water / witch hazel solution.
- Grate a cucumber and keep it in the fridge. Apply this grated chilled cucumber to your face for 15 minutes. Use this at least twice a week for a clean and clear face.
- Cucumber can also be used in juice form mixed with lemon juice. Apply this mixture half-an-hour before you take a bath. The proportion would be 1/2 tsp each of cucumber and lemon juice.
- Get a facial sauna by using herbs such as lemongrass, licorice root and rosebuds. Simmer 2 to 4 tablespoons of fresh or dried herbs in 2 quarts of water. Once you see the steam place your face over the steaming mixture. Cover your head with a damp towel and place your head over the steaming mixture. Allow the towel to cover the outside of the mixture’s container in order to trap the steam. Hold this position for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes wash your face with cold water and dab it dry.
Warning: Use caution when following these recipes. Test for allergic reaction to the ingredients. Pay particular attention to the facial sauna. If the steam is too hot or uncomfortable, discontinue the sauna.